Eighteen students from the Walnut Hills High School Journalism Program recently attended the National High School Journalism Conference. Their teams placed first and second in Quiz Bowl.
Additionally, all students completed in the National Student Media Contests. The Fall 2019 National Student Media Contests included a record number 2,126 student competitors in photo, broadcast, graphic design, literary magazine, design and writing contests. In all, there were 864 winners including 144 Superior, 252 Excellent and 468 Honorable Mentions.
Walnut won 10 awards this year, which is the biggest batch yet:
- Press Law and Ethics: Superior, Caroline Horvath
- Sports Writing: Excellent, Robert Keegan
- Feature Photography: Honorable Mention, Abigail Jay
- Yearbook Layout: Inside Pages: Honorable Mention, Kylie Bridgeman
- Yearbook Copy/Caption: Student Life: Honorable Mention, Saidah Lewis
- Yearbook Copy/Caption: Academics: Honorable Mention, Allyson Standley
- Newspaper Layout: Honorable Mention, Delaney Owens
- Commentary Writing: Honorable Mention, Sofia Tollefson
- Editorial Writing: Honorable Mention, Isabel Nissley
- Newswriting: Honorable Mention, Shiv Malhotra