Marka Helms, a junior at Western Hills Engineering High School, was riding the bus home from school when a woman began to panic as her grandchild began choking in her arms. The 4-year-old had a piece of bubble gum lodged in her throat. Fortunately, Marka was taking a CPR certification course in her Health class. So, she grabbed the child and performed the Heimlich Maneuver — releasing the gum from the child's airway. The bus driver called 911 and the child and grandmother were taken to the hospital. Thanks to Marka's quick thinking, the child will be okay. Congratulations to Marka!